Thursday, October 29, 2009

I see the light!

Only 25 research papers left to grade. I have nearly made it through!

This is the first week since the semester started that I've found myself with a little time to relax. I can't tell you good it feels. Yesterday afternoon I left campus around 2:00. That's 2:00 in the afternoon, people! Before the sun had gone down! That hasn't happened . . . well . . . all semester.

I probably should have gone home and graded the remaining 25 papers, or put in some time on this translation project that I've recently been given the opportunity to work on (more on that later), but I just couldn't do it. I was feeling so good and giddy about shuffling home through mounds of fallen leaves in the middle of the afternoon that I decided to treat myself to some new fall pajamas at Target. (Nick and Nora's pajama line, I love you!) I must admit, I picked up a few other desirable, if not necessary, items while I was there. I never have time to go to Target, so it was kind of like a little mini-vacay on a Wednesday afternoon.

Now it's Thursday morning, rainy and dark, and it's time to get back to work. But by the time this weekend is over, I should be completely finished with all my teaching/grading/grade entering duties. I can feel my shoulders slowly easing back down to normal, not-tensed-up-to-my-ears, shoulder level already.

1 comment:

Dr. Nancy Champion Cartwright said...

Getting things off of your "shoulders" is always a wonderful feeling. Bravo! Maybe you can go trick or treating? Hopefully Jon and Phil have their costumes ready. Enjoy the weekend.