Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Sounding the All's Well

I just realized that my last post may have been a bit disconcerting for those of you friends and family members we haven't talked to lately. No need to worry, though. All is well in the Billing-Cartwright household.

We (or rather, I) had a little bout of what we think was probably the H1N1 virus last week. It's been pretty prevalent on KU campus already this fall, and I've had a number of students missing classes because of it. It was only a matter of time before one of us got it. I didn't actually go to the health center to confirm that what I had was H1N1 because they have been incredibly overrun with patients this fall, and I knew the only thing they could tell me would be to stay home, drink fluids, rest, monitor my temperature, etc. But since my symptoms were pretty much what everyone has been reporting with this flu, we're pretty sure that's what I had.

Lucky for me (or maybe unlucky, depending on how you look at it) I got sick just as Fall Break was about to begin, so I didn't miss a lot of class, and had plenty of time to rest and get better. Thanks to hand sanitizer, disinfectant wipes, and general caution on our parts, Ben has so far managed to avoid getting sick. Here's hoping that good luck holds out.

And now our few long days of sleeping in and watching movies over Fall Break are over, and we're back to work, whether we like it or not. That's okay, though. I'll take work over the flu any day.

No comments: