Sunday, October 26, 2008

黄崖关长城--Huangyaguan Great Wall

On Saturday, against my (and Ben's, and most sane people's) better judgment, Ben and I joined my classmates on a trip to see the Huangyaguan Great Wall, a section of the Great Wall that is outside of Tianjin. I say it went against my better judgment because any trip to any section of the Great Wall involves a lot of walking, and usually a lot of stair climbing, too, and my ankle is still recovering from the recent incident. Any right thinking person probably would have bowed out, but I really wanted to hang out with my classmates. And I really wanted to take advantage of the inexpensive price to see the Great Wall. The whole trip (including chartered bus to and from, and lunch) cost me only 15 kuai (about $2). (It cost about $20 for Ben, because he's not a student, but that's still a great price.)

Since climbing was hard on my ankle, I rested a lot, and didn't walk the entire section, which got really steep toward the end. Instead, Ben and I took our time (and a lot of pictures). Here are some of them.













2 comments:

Jan said...

Wow! Those pictures are beautiful! And what an experience. Just think what your kids will say years from now. And no...that's not a hint.

Anonymous said...

these pics make me miss you guys. maybe because they remind me of our trek to that other wonder of the world, coronado heights.