Saturday, November 29, 2008

food, glorious foooood!

The apple pie was a hit. It disappeared pretty quickly at our day-after-Thanksgiving Thanksgiving dinner. I very dutifully took my camera with me to that dinner, with the intention of taking some pictures of the guests and yummy food. Unfortunately, as soon as we got there, my coat and bag were shuffled off to another room, and I kind of completely forgot all about my camera once the festivities began. That's kind of what I do. Anyway, I'll just tell you, the turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, sweet potatoes and everything else (there was a LOT of food there) were all delicious. There were about 50 guests at the dinner, mostly Americans, although there were also some folks from Canada, England, and of course, China. It was really nice to have a little taste of American tradition in the middle of this holiday season.

I've been realizing lately that we actually eat quite a lot of Western food, especially compared to most of my American classmates. I think it's primarily because we have a kitchen, and since most of my classmates live in the dorms, they do not. So, we eat as much of our own cooking as we do Chinese or Korean food. (We eat quite a lot of Korean food here--have I mentioned that? There is a big Korean community here, and so there are lots of Korean restaurants. Also, since he works at a Korean school, Ben eats Korean lunch daily. Sam and Zhou You often like to eat Korean food if we go out together. It all adds up to a significant amount of Korean food being eaten.)

Anyway, I discovered on Friday that one of the Carrefours here (there are several) carries some Duncan Hines mixes, including a blueberry muffin mix. One of our exciting events of the weekend was making (and gobbling up) blueberry muffins on Saturday morning. Ben took some shots, which I briefly hesitated to post since I'm in my PJ's in them, but since I really have no shame, here they are:
This is our silicon muffin pan. It's great, but the only one we could find (i.e., this one) had kind of pyramid shaped spaces, rather than round, muffin-shaped ones. It makes for some funny looking muffins, but they are tasty!
Fresh from the oven! Yum!

1 comment:

netfandu said...

hiiiiii . i see ur blog. this is really nice . keep it up dear.
visit ma blog.this is
www.netfandu.blogspot.com
act. i m interested in link exchange wid u . what u think telll me .
i m waitin.........