Friday, January 2, 2009

Chinese medicine

Ben woke up feeling lousy this morning. He has been feeling a cold coming on for several days, and today felt like it really hit him. Luckily, we were prepared for such an event. My Chinese language partner recently gave me a box of Chinese herbal medicine for colds, since I have been fighting a cold off and on for . . . well . . . it seems like forever. My language partner warned me that this stuff, which you drink from a little bottle through a straw, is very bitter, but sometimes you have to eat bitterness to feel better. He also told me that this stuff will cure all that ails you. When he gave it to me, I was already getting over my last cold, so this box of 双黄连口服液 (erm, I'm not sure how to translate that) has just been sitting on the table in our living room for the past week or so.


Anyway, Ben was feeling badly enough that he agreed (not without a little hesitation) to give this stuff a try. Note the crazy hair on Ben's head: that's a sure sign that Ben is feeling pretty bad. He's still in his pajamas with crazy hair at 1:00 pm.


This is a little scary . . .


but, okay . . . I'll give it a try.


How did it taste, honey?



Not done yet. Two bottles, three times a day.


Nope, second one didn't taste any better.



Whew! Thank god that's over!
Only 8 more bottles to go.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are great pictures Erin!

Dr. Nancy Champion Cartwright said...

Now follow that up with salt water nose drops and you will see a REAL Benny face:) I'm glad it finally made you feel better. Chicken soup,chicken soup, chicken soup and water of course.