Saturday, January 24, 2009

we're in Hangzhou

So, Sally alerted me to the fact that maybe I didn't mention this before: Ben and I are traveling with a classmate of mine, Nathan. At our Shanghai hostel, we all shared a room. So, that's why there was a sleeping Nathan in our room in my last post. That's also why you might see some pictures with a strange American lurking around in them. Don't worry--he's with us.

We got to Hangzhou last night, and I can already tell I'm gonna like this place. Our hostel is right on the main attraction in town: West Lake. Our plan is to rent some bikes today and spend the morning biking around the lake. It will be fun, if the cold doesn't kill us. A cold front came in on Friday, which made it almost unbearable to be out and about on Friday and Saturday. I'm hoping for a bit of a warm-up today.

I've taken over 300 photos in the past week, so I obviously can't share all of them, but here are a few Shanghai highlights.


At Yuyuan Garden, in Old Town, Shanghai


Hot noodles!


On the Huangpu River Cruise


Monks at Jingan Temple


Stone lions guarding the entrance to the Shanghai Museum

No comments: