Monday, February 16, 2009

trip in review: Guilin

I can't speak for everyone, but my favorite city among the cities we visited was by far Guilin. We were there from January 28 to February 1. I already wrote a little bit about it here, but I'll just reiterate: Guilin was beautiful.

Besides climbing dozens of mountains and exploring their weird, rock-star light-show caves, we also got the opportunity to ride on a bamboo raft down the Li River. The weather was warm and springlike every day that we were there (except for the very first foggy day). It was amazing.

It's hard to describe just how nice it was there, so I'll let some pictures speak for themselves.





Kung-Fu Erin! Hi-YA!




View from bamboo raft




Me in front of Elephant Nose hill



Inside one of Guilin's caves



mmm...breakfast!




New Year's lanterns at Fubo mountain


On top of Fubo Mountain


Misty mountains behind Ben



In the underwater tunnel between Sun and Moon pagodas



Sun and Moon pagodas

No comments: