Monday, September 1, 2008

school days, school days . . .

Today is Ben's first real day of school. Yesterday morning, he had to be at the school for an all-school assembly-type thing, where they welcome the new students and introduce the teachers. It was also the first day he was given the books he is supposed to teach from. That is kind of short notice, but is also kind of the way things run around here.

But today is the first day of teaching. He was prepping lessons last night, and I think he's ready to go. Good luck, Benny!

Here are some shots of Ben getting out the door for his first day of school. I hope he'll have some good stories to tell when he gets home.


Here he is all packed up, and showing off his address card, which he will show to the cabbie, who will (we hope) take him to his school.


Look out world, here he comes! (I know he's going to tell me I'm a dork for posting that under this picture, but...well...he's right. I am a dork.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You're a dork.

But you're a sweet dork.

I also look 875% less nervous in those pictures than I felt in real life.